Sunday, January 5, 2014

Making lists.

I did start new in 2014. I have started new before, at the beginning of 2013, but I will keep trying till I get it right. Sound like something you have said before? I started with making of list of the things I had on my mind to do. Not a life time list, just a list from the previous day. Things I wanted to do and got side tracked from accomplishing. Side tracking is something I do really well. So on the top of my list is "don't get side tracked" That alone would be a great feat. I did cross off two items on a six item list. Not too bad. Well, I did start late in the day, that has to count for something. Now I will carry over the remaining four items but I will not add a new list on the next day until I finish the last list. Now we can throw away a finished list and feel satisfied. If I added a next day list to a previous day list I will never be done and just feel really bad about that. Yes, writing this blog post is a list item. Great, another check mark on my ledger. It is tedious at times but can bring such relief that we are really progressing in life and not just walking in place.
Now if you ball up the finished list loosely and throw it in a small waste basket you can see the lists fill the basket real quick. This will be satisfying for sure. No it is not cheating. It is an accounting method to put the world in it's place. Keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting , your comments are appreciated. I hope you will enjoy the book.

Steve