Sunday, August 18, 2013

I m sure some of you are wondering what could be such an unusual part time job that got me all fired up to write a book about it. Life changes for all of us from time to time, and those changes can impact us in many different ways. I was discussing with a friend one day my interest in some kind of a part time job that would afford me casual hours with better than casual dollars. I had a need to improve my income but did not want to destroy my recreational time with a full time job. Little did I realize that finding the right part time job would not only pay me but improve my recreational time. How could that be possible? The answer is in the book, ha ha ha. I won't tease you too much here, I really hate those leading lines the media has gotten into.

Maybe you took a guess by the title and cover of the book. (still coming soon) Well my good friend brought me an ad from the local paper which was posted by an art school. They were looking for "nude" figure models. I think he did it as a joke but I took it seriously and went to apply. I had the job the next day. I have been a figure model now for almost 7 years and enjoyed every minute. It is more recreational time for me than work and even as I write this , I am smiling. I never would have guessed I would be doing this at any age let alone 69. The good news also is, I have been able to mix this job with my self employment as a kitchen designer and found more humor in that as well. I will explain that in my next post. Till then keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting , your comments are appreciated. I hope you will enjoy the book.

Steve